BROOMFIELD, Colo., Feb. 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Global telecommunications provider Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) has been positioned the furthest along the "completeness of vision" and "ability to execute" axes in the Challengers quadrant in the January 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Services, Global1. The report evaluated 12 network service providers on the completeness of their vision and their ability to execute on services and strategy.
Magic Quadrant Assessment:
- The Magic Quadrant assesses suppliers that can deliver fixed corporate networking services worldwide, focusing on service quality, pricing and track record.
- These services include:
- In addition, it is highly desirable for providers to offer value-added networking services, including, but not limited to, WAN optimization, application performance management (APM), managed LANs and wireless LANs (WLANs), and managed network security services.
- The network landscape is transforming because of emerging technologies such as software-defined networking (SDN)/software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) and adoption of hybrid technologies.
- Level 3 is on the leading edge of these trends with its global Ethernet platform that enables its SDN-based Adaptive Network Control solution.
- To support hybrid customer environments, Level 3 offers Voice Complete, a comprehensive, global communications solution that leverages Level 3's expansive, purpose-built IP network to provide Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking and native PRI-ISDN (Primary Rate Interface-Integrated Services Digital Network).
- Level 3 meets the need for increased bandwidth and network connections through its continued investments in fiber infrastructure and capacity.
- Investing in managed security services, Level 3 added two new product capabilities in 2015 – a DDoS Mitigation and a Secure Cellular solution – leveraging the company's expansive view of the threat landscape.
Anthony Christie, chief marketing officer, Level 3
"We are committed to delivering a comprehensive portfolio of network services across a broad geography to meet the ever-changing needs of our customers. We believe being positioned the furthest in the Challengers quadrant for completeness of vision and ability to execute is recognition of our clear and evolving global strategy. In 2015, we launched new services and capabilities, including a DDoS mitigation product and SDN capabilities, to provide our customers with market-leading solutions delivered with an exceptional customer experience."
- The 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Network Services, Global, is available at: http://www.gartner.com/reprints/level-3-communications?id=1-2Y20HWN&ct=160205&st=sb
About the Magic Quadrant:
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
1 Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Network Services, Global - Neil Rickard, Bjarne Munch. Published: 14 January 2016
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Vyvx, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: successfully integrate the tw telecom acquisition; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; maintain and increase traffic on its network; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; attract and retain qualified management and other personnel; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
+ 1 720-888-2518
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.