BROOMFIELD, Colo., Jan. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Multinational companies located in the Asia-Pacific region now have access to Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation solutions from Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT). The new scrubbing centers in Hong Kong, Tokyo and Singapore signify an expansion of the company's security service functionality. Level 3's security solutions provide layers of defense through enhanced network routing, rate limiting and filtering that can be paired with cloud-based scrubbing for a more comprehensive mitigation solution. The Asia-Pacific region is key for both Asian and multinational enterprises which demand global security services — making Level 3's cybersecurity solutions and global presence essential.
Explore the Numbers Behind the Asia Pacific Threat Landscape
APAC Threat Landscape:
- Australia, China and Hong Kong are listed among the most vulnerable to cyberattacks, according to a report by Project Sonar.
- IoT-compromising malware research by Level 3 Threat Research Labs reveals many connected devices are being compromised and enabling attacks reaching in excess of 600 Gbps.
- Level 3 opened the additional scrubbing centers to provide customers with infrastructure in the region to quickly mitigate attacks with less disruption to business operations.
- Level 3's DDoS ingest capacity, 4.5 terabits per second, provides a high capacity to ingest massive attacks so customers can get back to business as usual.
- The service is carrier agnostic and pulls all customer traffic into Level 3's globally located scrubbing centers for cleansing before forwarding legitimate traffic through a private connection or the public internet.
- Level 3 now has 11 scrubbing centers on four continents. Other locations include São Paulo, Frankfurt, London, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C.
- 24/7 Security Operations Centers detect anomalies in global NetFlow sessions, perform impact analyses, notify customers of threatening conditions and then help them mitigate the issue.
- Level 3's customers benefit from its global threat research, intelligence and mitigation actions, helping to create a safer internet ecosystem.
Level 3 in APAC
- Level 3 began operating in Asia Pacific in 2004.
- Level 3 has 14 on-net markets throughout Asia Pacific with service reach to more than 50 markets in the region.
- Level 3 offers its customers in the region Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Direct Internet Access, Ethernet Virtual Private Line, managed services, unified communications, content delivery networks (CDN) and security solutions.
Anthony Christie, Chief Marketing Officer, Level 3
"Our customers need an adaptive approach to tackling today's threat environment. The disciplined approach we've taken to monitoring the threat landscape to protect our network has put us in a unique position to work with our customers in Asia Pacific to identify and mitigate cybersecurity threats. Our expansive view of threats coupled with our full suite of enterprise networking services supports companies of all sizes located anywhere on the globe."
- Learn how to Thwart a DDoS Attack
- Read more about the product: Level 3 DDoS Mitigation Product Brochure
- Uncover additional threat stats for the region: Safeguarding the Internet, Level 3 Botnet Research Report
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.