BROOMFIELD, Colo., May 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Military Times selected global telecommunications provider, Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT), for its "Best for Vets: Employers 2017" rankings. The selection helps veterans and their families identify corporations with a culture and policies supportive of veterans. This is Level 3's fourth time receiving the designation.
Level 3's Focus on Veterans:
- Level 3 actively recruits military talent at all levels by participating in job fairs, visiting military bases and partnering with schools, military workforce sectors and veteran-focused programs.
- Level 3 employs veterans in diverse roles ranging from entry-level to senior leadership.
- More than half of the participants in Level 3 training programs like Ops Tech Academy and IP Bootcamp are veterans who have been selected in part because of their military-specific skills, attitude and aptitude.
- Level 3 provides a Veteran Employee Resource Group (VERG), comprised of more than 650 members. The VERG advises the business on how to best meet the needs of veteran employees and hosts a variety of internal and external events where members can connect, and create support groups and communities.
About the Award:
- In their eighth year, the Military Times Best for Vets rankings comprise an editorially independent news project that evaluate companies' culture, veteran recruiting, veteran policies, and accommodations for members of the National Guard and reserves.
- Also included in the consideration set is a survey, consisting of nearly 100 questions, used to analyze a company's efforts to connect with veterans and provide an environment for success.
Mary Beth McGrath, senior vice president of talent management at Level 3
"Our military veterans make up an important part of the Level 3 workforce, as they bring a unique set of skills and experience that complement and spur the innovative work we do. We are delighted to be recognized by Military Times for our efforts in recruiting, hiring and cultivating the talents of our veterans."
George Altman, editor of Military Times
"The Best for Vets designation and logo cannot be bought. Only earned. The companies on the Military Times Best for Vets list earned their rankings through determined efforts to recruit and support service members, veterans and military families. These efforts deserve recognition from the country and should get the attention of veterans looking for a new career."
- View the entire Best for Vets: Employers 2017 rankings
- Level 3's Careers Page
- Learn more about Level 3's commitment to veterans in the Level 3 Diversity and Inclusion Report
About Military Times
The Military Times digital platforms and newsweeklies are the trusted source for independent news and information for service members and their families. The military community relies on Air Force Times, Army Times, Marine Corps Times, and Navy Times for reporting on everything important to their lives, including: pay, benefits, finance, education, health care, recreational resources, retirement, promotions, product reviews, and entertainment. Military Times is published by Sightline Media Group. To learn more, visit www.militarytimes.com.
About Sightline Media Group
Sightline Media is a global, multi-platform media company serving the U.S. military, federal government and the international defense community. Sightline's media brands are the go-to source for news and information about the U.S. military and its culture, and the technology, business and politics of defense and federal markets.
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Vyvx, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
SOURCE Level 3 Communications, Inc.