"MEF congratulates the 2016 Award Winners for the outstanding work they are doing to advance service and technology innovation... Taking home five awards this year, Level 3 is being recognized for setting the bar high for excellence and innovation.” - Kevin Vachon, Chief Operating Officer, MEF
Broomfield, Colo. – Nov. 15, 2016 – MEF, the nonprofit international industry association dedicated to enabling agile, assured and orchestrated Ethernet and cloud services for the digital economy, awarded Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) five of its 2016 Excellence Awards for Ethernet and Orchestrated Services.
MEF’s annual Excellence Awards recognize service, application, technology and professional excellence and innovation in the global “Third Network” community of industry professionals focused on delivering user-directed control over service capabilities and cloud connectivity. The Awards program is the largest in the world focused on advanced Carrier Ethernet (CE) services and emerging “Third Network” services powered by MEF standard CE 2.0, LSO (Lifecycle Service Orchestration), NFV and SDN networking technologies.
Learn more about Level 3’s agile Ethernet platform and its SDN-based Adaptive Network Control Solutions by visiting: http://www.level3.com/en/products/ethernet/.
- Level 3 was recognized with the following honors: LSO Service Provider Leader, Wholesale Service Provider of the Year – North America, Retail Service Provider of the Year – North America, Retail Service Provider of the Year – Global, Enterprise Application of the Year – Retail.
- Level 3’s award-winning MEF CE 2.0 global Ethernet platform empowers businesses to run more efficient and adaptable networks through solutions bolstered by software-defined networking (SDN).
- With private connectivity, scalable bandwidth and custom configuration options, Level 3 Ethernet services are ideal for secure, high-speed connections between corporate headquarters, public and private data centers and public, private and hybrid cloud environments.
- Level 3 Ethernet services are currently available in 290 markets around the world – including 15 new locations in Europe – with flexible bandwidth options ranging from 2 Mbps to 6 Gbps. Additional expansion of Level 3 Ethernet services to the Asia-Pacific region is planned for early 2017.
- Level 3's goal is to deliver a single, global Ethernet platform that delivers a customer-defined networking experience, one where enterprises respond to changing business needs by interacting with and creating their own telecom services on demand and in real time based on a holistic view of their network.
- Level 3 also received two 2016 Active Contributor Awards for members who have demonstrated an ongoing and consistent commitment to the work of MEF.
Kevin Vachon, Chief Operating Officer, MEF
"MEF congratulates the 2016 Award Winners for the outstanding work they are doing to advance service and technology innovation. Judging was highly competitive this year, with 36 companies – including 19 service providers and 17 technology vendors – competing as finalists for this year's awards. Taking home five awards this year, Level 3 is being recognized for setting the bar high for excellence and innovation.”
- WEBINAR: New Dynamic, Assured Third Network Services Powered By LSO
- MAP: Level 3’s Global Ethernet Network
- VIDEO: Adaptive Network Control – Bandwidth On Demand
- FACT SHEET: Level 3 Ethernet Solution Matrix
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3’s comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc. For more information, visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.